9.14.2017

How To Find The Best Photoshoot Locations



Read the posts: top right || top left || bottom right || bottom left

I am so excited to share this post with you all!

I have spent so much time over the years figuring out what kind of scenery, back drop, or coloring makes for the best photo. And now I'm sharing all my acquired tips and tricks! Because practice makes perfect right?!

Read the post here.

Tip No. 1 - Simplicity is Always a Good Idea. 

I don't mean a plain white wall, although that may be nice in some circumstances, I mean something flat, or with just a few components. Something that complements what you're wearing and the complexity of your outfit is always key. A crazy busy wall mural may not look good if you're pattern mixing today. But it all depends on the look you're going for! You can never go wrong with a brick wall or a background with primarily white tones. 

Read the post here.

Tip No. 2 - You can never go wrong with a background with primarily white tones. 

I'm so serious - white will always make your outfit pop! And anything else you're photographing in front of it. That's why flat lays always have a white background or a pattern with white tones such as marble. It just looks better when things aren't crazy and busy behind you... Which leads us right back to tip #1!

Read the post here.

Tip No. 3 - Visualize!

Okay I know that didn't seem like a great tip but let me explain. Before I do an outfit shoot, or any kind of shoot really, I visualize the look I want. I'm not going to shoot a grungy outfit in a field of flowers, and I'm definitely not going to wear a Lilly Pulitzer dress to a shoot in a downtown alley. There are certain themes you have to go for, and they're not all black and white. You can totally break rules as long as you have an idea that will make your shoot unique and fun! For the shoot above, I knew I wanted to shoot in the field of sunflowers by my school, so I found an outfit that gave me Free People/girly/boho vibes, and went from there. It's important (and fun) to prepare!

This is a wall in Greenville, SC!

Tip No. 4 - Fun Walls Always Win

Looking to Instagram or Pinterest for fun wall art locally, or around your travel destination is the perfect way to get a sick Insta pic. Some of my favorite wall art is the flamingo in Chicago, the Like To Know It wall in Dallas, and literally anything in NYC. There is also some fun wall art in Greenville, South Carolina by my college, as well as in my hometown of Columbus, Ohio. And honestly, hunting for wall art is just as fun as the pictures you get from it!

Do you have any tips for spotting the ultimate photo location?! Let me know below! I hope this post was helpful!

Thanks For Reading!
xx, Adrienne

3 comments:

  1. This is obviously wonderful advice! All of your outfit photos look beautiful!!! I love how you included links to the blog posts where you showcased all of these beautiful and stylish outfits!!!
    Your photoshoot location advice is obviously excellent!
    I really LOVE the top you wore in your post 'Pinked Out In Charleston' ('Pinked Out Belle Sleeves'), love all of these outfits and the fab outfit photography!!! :D

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! I always have the hardest time trying to figure out a backdrop for my photo shoots... I'm slowly learning though, and I'll definitely keep these tips in mind. I especially love the one in the field of sunflowers! Now I just have to find something like that where I live... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I'll be sure to keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete