11.15.2017

Winter Coat Crushes




I have been having an absolute obsession over statement coats for winter lately. Usually I opt for the classic neutral coat that I can wear with any outfit, but this year I'm feeling the fun color/texture trend. I feel like it brings so much personality to an outfit, which is hard to do in the winter with the bulky layers and excess clothing necessary to stay warm. Fashion isn't always the most comfortable am I right?
Probably my favorite trend of all is the fur trend (faux, of course). I have never loved anything more than the chic look a big fur coat gives you. And if Carrie Bradshaw can rock them, we all should be able to! I'm thinking about purchasing the top left leopard coat for myself, because I think I can wear it abroad next semester as well as this winter. I've been gravitating towards black basics lately (black jeans, black sweaters, black shoes... You get the idea) and I can just totally envision myself topping it all of with a beautiful leopard print coat.
Another bonus about this winters statement coat trend, is all of the ways you can wear it. In years past I would've pushed a pink shaggy coat to the back of my closet, saving it for a special occasion. Now that the trend is present I feel like it's totally acceptable to throw it on with a sweater and some jeans and run to the mall. And I don't see us going back form that - its way too fun! I did include some non-furry coats in my coat crushes, because I still love the traditional winter look. The top grey J. Crew jacket would look fabulous for a day out in the snow, or a walk around the local park. The bottom mustard coat I just couldn't resist, I mean I love mustard so much for this season, I wouldn't be surprised if this jacket made it on the blog here soon.
I had so much fun making this coat crushes wish list for you all. I hope you all have a wonderful winter, if there are any coat trends or coat crushes you have that you're dying to share please let me know in the comments! The above photo is shoppable, and I also included the usual shop the post widgit below! Happy shopping!


Thanks For Reading!
xx, Adrienne

6 comments:

  1. great collection, love #8!

    corner52.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to invest in more (fashionable) coats! I live in Colorado so I definitely would get use of them!
    -Olivia
    www.missoliviasays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree statement coats are it this season! I live where its cold as well - you can never have enough fun coats!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I see that you have a fantastic blog! I really like your design and that's how you write :) I like to be in touch with so great and inspirational blogs. That's why I wanted to ask follow for follow?

    https://makeupislovee.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check our your blog! Thanks for the positive feedback babe! :)

      Delete