12.07.2016

I Cut My Hair!

Sooooo.... Over fall break I flew home to get my wisdom teeth out (ew, I know) and did something super impulsive. If you're following my instagram you may know what this impulsive decision happened to be. 

I chopped my hair!



I've been playing with the idea of a shorter hair look in my head for awhile and I never really felt serious about it until now. Lately, I've been noticing myself changing a lot. I see myself becoming the person that a little bit of me always was, but a lot of me didn't really want me to be. As soon as my hairdresser spun me around in the chair to get a good look at every angle of my new cut, I became positive that this is what I have been missing. It felt like I was free of a big brick I had been carrying on my shoulder. To me this haircut freed me from hiding under everything I wanted and showed me everything I needed. I'm changing my major and starting to take up hobbies that I actually enjoy. I'm beginning to really take away the negative aspects of my life and insert things that make me feel good about the type of life I'm living. There have been days here and there when I've missed my long hair - it was effortlessly girly and so fun to style. But thats just me, I'm not good with change so I'm trying to teach myself a lesson. And at the end of the day its just hair. It'll grow back. But hopefully the better version of myself that I'm becoming will be here to stay.

Thanks for Reading!
xx, Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment