5.17.2015

Prom Inspo vs. Reality

Hi guys! I decided to make a post about the inspiration pictures I used to get the hair and makeup looks that I wanted for my Junior prom. I wanted a classic updo, and some simple makeup that wasn't overdone. Below I have my inspo, and even further below that I have how it all turned out!

My hair inspiration I collected from pinterest:

{via}

{via}

{via}

For my makeup inspiration I used the one and only Carrie Underwood (mostly for eyes and lips), and also this video!

{via}

And here is how it turned out.....

A little pre-makeup mirror pic in my favorite southern shirt tank ever!

And here I am all put together!


Here are some links to some of the products that I used and loved: (ps I'm a HUGE fan of Too Faced)

This wonderful eye shadow primer
The lipstick that's always in my purse
My go-to mascara
 A finishing powder I swear by
The best foundation EVER!

Critiques and tips:

I liked my makeup, the video I linked above really helped with my face makeup! I wish I would've done a little bit more with my eyes but I didn't have enough time to play around with eye shadows, and I also didn't want to look like I overdid it. I did practice a little bit the night before which I HIGHLY recommend doing because it helped me tremendously the next day when stress was in full force. It also helps to show your hairdresser pictures, especially if you want something extremely specific. Always speak up. My favorite place to get dance jewelry is Charming Charlie. It's pretty inexpensive, which is important since prom/homecoming jewelry is usually on the fancier side meaning it wont be worn frequently after the fact. If you have any questions or comments please leave them below. :)

How did you style your hair/makeup for prom?
xx, Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment